From data protection rights and facial recognition technology to hostile environment data sharing and shaping the government’s use of technology, PLP Legal Director, Ariane Adam, and Research Fellow in new technologies and automation, Mia Leslie, ask whether tech can be used for good and what it might look like, with special guest Gracie Mae Bradley. Gracie is Director of Friends of the Earth Scotland, and was previously Interim Director at Liberty.
- Gracie Mae Bradley’s book, Against Borders: The Case for Abolition, is available here
- The Government’s AI regulation white paper has been published since recording and is available here
- Read more information about Liberty’s successful challenge to the Gangs Matrix here
- Read more about Privacy International’s intervention in a judicial review challenge to the Home Office’s policy of seizing the mobile phones of all migrants who arrived to the UK by small boat between April 2020 and November 2020 here
- Dark Matters - On the Surveillance of Blackness by Simone Browne is available here